STRING SKILLS Boot Camp 2011
Join Park Ridge Strings for our 2011 STRING SKILLS Boot Camp, as we get ready for the new school year!
We'll have an hour of intense back-to-strings fun covering many aspects of string technique and performance.
1. Instrument and bow parts; their basic care and maintenance
2. Correct posture and bow hold; relaxed and efficient use of the body
3. Hand and bow exercises (for control, flexibility and stamina)
4. Right- and left-hand techniques, skills and tricks
5. Rhythmic patterns through games and rhymes
6. Note-reading, musical terms and symbols
7. Routines of ensemble playing and rehearsing
8. Performance etiquette (rest position, bowing)
* uniform optional, but welcomed...